(2) Maintenance Staff Member positions
Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary has an opportunity for two (2) hard-working, organized, dedicated and forward-thinking Maintenance Staff Member desiring to apply his/her expertise to making a difference in the lives of persons preparing for the Christian ministry. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in performing routine preventive maintenance on operational systems, experience repairing residential a/c split systems and heat pumps a plus, and a desire to work with a great team in a challenging yet supportive environment.
We need someone with:
· The ability to hit the ground running assisting with projects and assignments including basic apartment repairs and maintenance, renovation of offices, classrooms, and general support and upkeep of the Seminary’s facilities to include: basic installation, maintenance, repair, or replacement of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and structural components of facilities in accordance with drawings, manuals, building codes and safety regulations
· The exceptional ability to work patiently with people at all levels of the Seminary organization
· The ability to share on-call responsibilities to handle after-hours maintenance emergencies
· Desire to support a faith organization whose mission is to prepare leaders for Christian ministry
Qualifications and Success Factors:
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· 2 years’ experience performing handy-person, apartment maintenance and make-ready and/or hotel facilities
· Experience in residential A/C and heat pumps strongly desired
· A high school diploma, GED or equivalent
You’ll get from us:
· Salary plus generous health, retirement and time off benefits
· Free parking
For a complete job description, see attachment.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Austin Seminary is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.