Certificate In Ministry (CIM)
The Certificate in Ministry is a primarily online program for church leaders and others seeking substantive theological education but who are not planning to pursue study in a degree program. Seven courses are required to complete the certificate program.
Anyone who seeks theological preparation for church leadership or wishes to enrich his/her personal theological understanding will be well-served by the CIM program. In particular, the CIM may meet requirements for Commissioned Ruling Elders in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), and for leadership in other Christian traditions.
- Church History (online)
- Reading the Bible Theologically (online)
- Worship and Preaching (online with some on campus instruction)
- Christian Education (online with some on campus instruction)
- Pastoral Care and Leadership (online)
- Ministry Foundations in Bible and Theology (online)
- PC(USA) Polity (online)
- Comparative Religion (online)
- Introducing Christian Ethics (online)
- Effective Church Leadership
- Additional courses are in development
Application Deadline is January 25, 2019
CIM.02R Reading the Bible Theologically, Professor Cindy Rigby
CIM.07E PC (USA) Polity, Professor Paul Hooker
Application Deadline is July 12, 2019
CIM.04R Christian Education, Professor David White
CIM.05R Pastoral Care and Leadership, Professor Chuck Mendenhall
If you are interested in this program, please click on the "Application" link below. You may register for courses as soon as you have been admitted to the program; please allow up to two weeks to process your application.
Download the application on the "Apply Now" page