PRESBYTERY OF CENTRAL TEXAS (PCUS) COLLECTION, 1854-1965
Title: Presbytery of Central Texas (PCUS) collection
Accession Number(s): 1994-209
Extent: 6 inches of manuscript material, 2 inches of photographic material
Language: Materials are written in English.
Repository: Austin Seminary Archives at the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary
Biographical Note: The Presbytery of Central Texas was organized on April 10, 1854 in Huntsville, Texas. The territory had previously been part of the Brazos Presbytery. The Presbytery was reorganized on December 31, 1957. In 1972, the Presbytery became part of the Presbytery of the Covenant.
Scope and Contents: The majority of this material (accession 1994-209) was gathered by the Ad Interim Committee on the Centennial in observance of the 100th anniversary of the Presbytery of Central Texas, celebrated on April 10, 1954. The chairman of this committee was W. F. O’Kelley, and much of the project was coordinated by Dr. W. C. Tenney. Other committee members were C. T. Caldwell, W. H. Foster, Roger N. Conjer, James K. Howard, and T. Watson Street.
Other items have been added to this artificial collection, including published material.
Related Collections: See also the following collections at the Austin Seminary Archives:
Restrictions: Materials are available by appointment only. Contact the archivist for details.
O’Kelley, William Francis, 1884-1959.
Presbyterian Church in the U.S.--Presbytery of Central Texas.
Other Finding Aids: This finding aid is also available in PDF format, which may be more suitable for printing. Click here to download the PDF version.
Preferred Citation: Presbytery of Central Texas (PCUS) collection, 1854-1965, Austin Seminary Archives, Stitt Library, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary
|C104a|| ||Standing rules of the Presbytery of Central Texas, undated|
| || ||History of the Presbytery of Central Texas, by Rev. L. Tenney, [fragile, preservation photocopy available in holding record], 1895|
| || ||Revised Manual of the Presbytery of Central Texas, compiled by M. C. Hutton, 1901|
| || ||Correspondence and printed material – clipping and letter soliciting funds for home missions, 1911 and undated|
| || ||History of the Woman’s Auxiliary of the Presbytery of Central Texas, prepared by Mrs. George Begg, circa 1927|
| || || |
|C055|| ||History of the Presbytery of Central Texas, compiled by Mrs. S. M. Tenney [volume two and three], 1939|
| || ||Centennial Committee of the Central Texas Presbytery, minutes and correspondence, 1953|
| || ||Centennial celebration program, April 20-21, 1954|
| || ||Histories of churches in the Presbytery of Central Texas, collected for the centennial observance in 1954:|
| || || Austin (and Eanes):|
| || || First Southern Presbyterian Church|
| || || University (Highland) Presbyterian Church|
| || || Wager Memorial Presbyterian Church|
| || || First Presbyterian Church of Bartlett|
| || || Belton Presbyterian Church|
| || || First Presbyterian Church of Cameron|
| || || First Presbyterian Church of Corsicana|
| || || Patterson Memorial Presbyterian Church of Eureka, TX|
| || || Fairfield Presbyterian Church|
| || || First Presbyterian Church of Gatesville|
| || || First Presbyterian Church of Georgetown|
| || || First Presbyterian Church of Llano|
| || || Lott Presbyterian Church|
| || || Marlin Presbyterian Church|
| || || First Presbyterian Church of Mart|
| || || Maysfield Presbyterian Church|
| || || First Presbyterian Church of Mexia|
| || || Robinson Presbyterian Church|
| || || Rosebud Presbyterian Church|
| || || First Presbyterian Church of Streetman|
| || || First Presbyterian Church of Taylor|
| || || First Presbyterian Church of Temple|
| || || First Presbyterian Church of Waco|
| || ||“Historical Data Relating to the Original Presbytery of Central Texas: Organized April 10, 1854, Dissolved December 31, 1957,” [index available], |
| || || |
|C056|| ||Slides accompanying “Celebrating a Century of Service in Central Texas,” an address given by Rev. W. F. O’Kelley, [includes text of address and prints made from slides by archivist], April 20, 1954|
| || || |
|C055|| ||Report of the Ad-Interim Committee on “Glossolalia,” 105th General Assembly, [appointed in response to Overture 46 from the Presbytery of Central Texas], April 21, 1965|