Our tutorials and research aids are organized into seven sections that follow the steps in the research process. You can work your way through all seven steps, or pop in at the step that you need help with right now. Each step is divided into subsections to walk you through the process and help you find the information you need. Below the seven research steps, you can find quick-links to some of our most popular tutorials and handouts.
For additional help with writing for Seminary classes, see the Theological Writing Resources page linked under the Sophi Search box on your student portal (must be logged in to access).
As always, you can contact us any time at email@example.com with any questions.
- Identify and develop your topic
- Find background information
- Use Sophi Search and the library catalog to find books and other resources
- Use Sophi Search and individual databases to find articles, book chapters, and other resources
- Find additional web resources
- Evaluate what you find
- Cite and use what you find
How-to Quick Links
Renew a book
Library Catalog & Stitt Library
ATLA Religion Database
Other helpful guides