Shelton Chapel - Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary from AGB on Vimeo.
The Austin Seminary Chapel has become a visible landmark of the Seminary's presence in the city of Austin. Built in 1941, it stands in a direct line with the Texas State Capitol and the famous Colorado River "bat bridge." Straddling the longitudinal axis of the city of Austin, people literally come from "east and west" Austin when the Lord's Supper is celebrated in the Chapel.
The chapel, built in 1941, features an eighty-foot tower that is modeled after the central tower of the Canterbury Cathedral and is surrounded by majestic Live Oak trees. Moreover, the Chapel rises from a hill at the center of the Austin Seminary campus, placing it geographically and symbolically at the heart of our common life.
Worship services are held four mornings of the week.