Sr. Director of Development & Donor Engagement
In concert with the Institutional Advancement team, the Senior Director of Advancement and Donor Engagement is responsible for the planning, execution and assessment of initiatives to expand and strengthen the fund development program of Austin Seminary.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Seminary’s donor data base using Rasier’s Edge and RENXT.
- Use data mining techniques, segmentation, analytics, wealth screening and other tools to identify high capacity donor prospects to be cultivated and moved toward increased giving.
- Initiate all direct response models designed to help meet the Seminary’s annual fund goal.
- Oversee the Seminary’s stewardship and gift acknowledgement program.
- Provide department with regular management reports
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties that may be assigned.
- Utilize with proficiency, Raiser’s Edge and RENXT, to manage donor and gift data. Utilize data to identify, segment, engage, steward and retain donors and support the overall development efforts of the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Initiate direct response vehicles; print, electronic, telephone; etc. designed to maintain and increase annual giving.
- Track and analyze results from all fund development strategies and activities and propose adjustments, as needed and based on data, to maximize results and meet stated fund raising goals.
- Use data, wealth screening and research to provide creative and proactive leadership in identifying new donors and qualifying existing donors with increased giving potential.
- Oversee the data used in field development work; reports, queries, portfolios.
- Assist with campaign management.
- Maintain best practices in all areas of data base management, direct response development and donor stewardship and retention.
- Communicate on a regular basis with and be available for other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Education: BA or BS in related field
Certifications/Training: None required; CFRE preferred
Experience: 5+ years of experience in academic development, non-profit development, or a related field
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and RENXT
- Ability to analyze and summarize data in a clear and concise manner
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize Windows, MS Word and Excel
- Commitment to being a team player
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to Organize and prioritize work
- Agility in multi-tasking
- Ability to make decisions based on incomplete or imperfect information
- Maintain bias toward action
What we provide:
● free parking and a private office on this beautiful 12-acre “oasis” in the heart of Austin
● salary plus generous paid time off, health and related benefits
To apply for this position, please include a cover letter answering the following questions:
1. Why you want to work at Austin Seminary?
2. What are your salary requirements?
and submit along with your online application, which can be found here.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until filled.
Austin Seminary is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Racial-ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.