Location: Austin, Texas
Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, a graduate and doctoral school educating and preparing students for the Christian ministry, has an immediate opportunity for a hospitality coordinator.
The Hospitality Coordinator will be the public face and voice that greets all Seminary guests or callers. Responsibilities will include handling and directing those who call the Seminary’s main phone number, welcoming conference attendees, overnight guests, and campus visitors, coordinating internal meeting room requests, processing all on campus overnight housing requests, usage agreements and billing, utilizing event booking software to manage room requests, helping current students and staff with their use of Campus Cards, coordinating campus mail, providing guest parking permits when necessary and coordinating staff scheduling for optimum coverage while also serving as the on-call point of contact person for the desk after hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Hospitality Desk Operations
* Greet and assist internal and external guests either by phone or in person.
* Provide outstanding customer service by addressing customer needs and requests; obtain information/direct guests to appropriate resource or contact person to serve customer needs.
* Maintain Seminary's outgoing voicemail message associated with the main phone number to reflect current hours of operation and other essential information.
* Ensure that the McCord atrium and hospitality desk are kept neat, welcoming and inviting to all guests.
* Maintain McCord hospitality area display of seminary brochures and announcements.
* Manage and maintain the Campus Card program, creating cards for staff and students as necessary, processing all conference-related campus card billing, deposits and refunds, maintaining equipment, and updating student/staff database.
* Provide express mail delivery services to students and staff including notifying recipients and entering packages into the log.
* Create weekly events calendar posted at the door of each McCord meeting space.
* Maintain all-inclusive spreadsheet listing all events reserved on campus.
* Order and maintain temporary parking permit supply.
* Receive and deliver faxes to Seminary community.
* Assist students with making copies or faxes at the hospitality desk.
Guest Housing and Events/Conferences
* Provide excellent customer service to everyone who stays overnight or attends an event or conference on campus.
* Serve as the primary contact for scheduling internal meeting room reservations (i.e., student/staff/meetings), event and conference housing logistics, and assess success of guest experiences.
* Maintain thorough records of events and conferences, including contracts and insurance binders for all groups, for billing purposes, and collect payment from conferences and events for guest housing, meeting rooms, overnight housing, and food services.
* Work with maintenance and janitorial staff to ensure the daily cleaning of all guest housing.
* Create welcome packets for overnight housing guests, including key, parking permit, and information on seminary facilities and any other pertinent information.
* Maintain security, supply and accuracy of all keys.
* Recruit, train, and supervise student desk staff and maintain desk coverage schedule.
* Compile and update Hospitality Assistant desk manual and supporting documentation for all events.
* Process payments for campus card, guest housing, chapel use, etc. - submit transmittals; maintain financial record of all McCord desk transactions.
* Lead weekly calendar coordination meeting with catering staff, maintenance staff and others as needed.
* Serve as on-call support.
High School education or equivalent; some business school or college preferred.
Special Certifications/Training: None
Three to Five years of experience customer service, multi-layered administrative work, multi-line phone system, reservation management, and data entry.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
Basic knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize computers/software, including Windows and various word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
Commitment to being a team player.
Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Agility in multi-tasking.
Ability to analyze and summarize data in a clear and concise manner.
Ability to make decisions based on incomplete or imperfect information.
Maintains a bias toward action.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen, and is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach using hands and arms, and lift light boxes of up to 5 pounds.
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in this position, and assist in evaluating this job fairly and equitably. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Management may change the duties and responsibilities at their sole discretion, and may request the employee perform duties not listed on the job description. This job description is not a Acontract@ between the incumbent and the employer.
To apply for this position, please include a cover letter answering the following questions:
- Why do you desire to work at Austin Seminary?
Please also submit along with the online application, which can be found here.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Austin Seminary is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.