Director of Advancement Services
In concert with the Institutional Advancement team, the Director of Advancement Services is responsible for the oversight and management of the Seminary’s donor database and prioritizing donors and donor prospects, in support of advancing the mission of the institution and raising funds in support of the institution’s goals.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall and ongoing management of the Seminary’s donor data base using Rasier’s Edge and RENXT.
- Provide creative and proactive leadership in identifying high capacity, high inclination donors and donor prospects to be cultivated and moved toward increased giving, using data mining techniques, segmentation, analytics, wealth screening and other tools.
- Oversee the data used in field development work; reports, queries, portfolios and lists.
- Assist with campaign management.
- Maintain best practices in all areas of data base management, direct response development segmentation and donor records.
- Provide the Office of Advancement with regular management reports
- Research and synthesis biographical information including wealth indicators and other data related to appropriate prospect cultivation.
- Assist with campaign management
- Interface with finance and administration to provide reconciliation, accreditation and internal audit reports.
- BA or BS in related field
- 5+ years in academic development, non-profit development or related field
Special Requirements / Skills:
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and RENXT – certification preferred
- Ability to analyze and summarize data in a clear and concise manner
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize Windows, MS Word and Excel
- Commitment to being a team player
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to Organize and prioritize work
- Agility in multi-tasking
- Ability to make decisions based on incomplete or imperfect information
- Maintain bias toward action
What we provide:
● free parking and a private office on this beautiful 12-acre “oasis” in the heart of Austin
● salary plus generous paid time off, health and related benefits
To apply for this position, please include a cover letter answering the following questions:
1. Why you want to work at Austin Seminary?
2. What are your salary requirements?
and submit along with your online application, which can be found here.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until filled.
Austin Seminary is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Racial-ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.