Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary has a great opportunity for an organized and dedicated Austin-based professional desiring to apply his/her expertise in planning and implementing regional fund raising programs and activities as they relate to annual fund donor retention, growth of the annual fund and meeting other funding goals for institutionally stated priorities.
The ideal candidate has professional experience in comprehensive development and fund raising programs preferably in the church and/or higher education industry; sharp instincts for relationships and their importance as it relates to fund development; a proven track record in annual and/or capital fund raising; exceptional oral and written communication skills; and has a desire to work with a great team in a challenging yet supportive department.
· Promote awareness of the Seminary’s mission, and maximize philanthropic support from individuals and churches in assigned region by building, fostering, and managing long-term donor relationships through effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
· Increase the relationship building aspect of the Partnership Program, to include cultivating donors, renewing and upgrading multi-year pledges, introducing new prospects to Austin Seminary and organizing cultivation events using the Benevon fundraising model in assigned region.
· Use a variety of techniques including thank you calls, written notes, emails and face-to-face visits to continually nurture and steward the Seminary’s annual fund donors.
· Maintain a portfolio of 100-150 major gift prospects with capacity to support the Seminary at a minimum level of $30,000.
· Cultivate, solicit and steward major gift and deferred giving prospects with personal visits, written and oral communications, ensuring positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
· Work collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other development and advancement staff and Seminary staff to cultivate and solicit donors to meet stated funding priorities.
· Report to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and work collaboratively and strategically with the Seminary President, other fundraising colleagues, faculty and other campus leaders to develop briefing materials and written proposals leading to major gift solicitations.
· Maintain updated donor records in Raiser’s Edge for the portfolio of prospects.
· Meet/exceed weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual goals for assigned region. Prepare activity reports as required in a timely manner. Meet with Director of Development on a regular basis to plan program and evaluate performance.
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, and to travel weekly within assigned region (approximately 25-35% of the time).
· Working knowledge of the Presbyterian Church tradition and its constituents helpful.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
· Bachelor’s degree required with 3-5 years fund raising experience.
· Demonstrated success increasing financial resources and creating new partners.
· Effective communications – excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to make sound judgments based on accurate data.
· Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders and the ability to interact multiple constituencies.
For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit here and submit along with your online application, which can be found here.
Please include a cover letter answering the following questions:
1. Why you want to work at Austin Seminary?
2. What are your salary requirements?
Review of applications will be begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Austin Seminary is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and racial-ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.