Certificate In Ministry (CIM)
The Certificate in Ministry is a program for church leaders and others seeking substantive theological education but who are not planning to pursue study in a degree program. Seven courses are required to complete the certificate program.
Anyone who seeks theological preparation for church leadership or wishes to enrich his/her personal theological understanding will be well-served by the CIM program. In particular, the CIM may meet requirements for Commissioned Ruling Elders in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), and for leadership in other Christian traditions.
- Church History (online)
- Reading the Bible Theologically (online)
- Worship and Preaching (online with some on campus instruction)
- Christian Education (online with some on campus instruction)
- Pastoral Care and Leadership (online)
- Ministry Foundations in Bible and Theology (online)
- PC(USA) Polity (online)
- Comparative Religion (online)
- Ethics (online)
- Additional courses are in development
Spring 2014: Mar. 31-June 6
Registration Open Dates: Mar. 3-17
Application Deadline Is Feb. 28
- Christian Education (White)
- Ministry Foundations in Bible and Theology (Alsup)
Fall 2014 (Sept. 2-Nov. 15)
Registration open: July 28-Aug. 11
- Pastoral Care and Leadership (Cole)
- Comparative Religion (Bodman)
If you are interested in this program, please click on the "Application" link below. You may register for courses as soon as you have been admitted to the program; please allow up to two weeks to process your application.
Download the application on the "Apply Now" page