Location: (Offsite) Houston, Texas
Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary has a great opportunity for an organized and dedicated Houston-based professional desiring to apply his/her expertise in planning and implementing regional fund raising programs and activities as they relate to annual fund donor retention, growth of the annual fund and meeting other funding goals for institutionally stated priorities.
The ideal candidate has professional experience in comprehensive development and fund raising programs preferably in the church and/or higher education industry; sharp instincts for relationships and their importance as it relates to fund development; a proven track record in annual and/or capital fund raising; exceptional oral and written communication skills; and has a desire to work with a great team in a challenging yet supportive department.
- Promote awareness of the Seminary’s mission, and maximize philanthropic support from individuals and churches in assigned region by building, fostering, and managing long-term donor relationships through effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Increase the relationship building aspect of the Partnership Program, to include cultivating donors, renewing and upgrading multi-year pledges, introducing new prospects to Austin Seminary and organizing cultivation events using the Benevon fundraising model in assigned region.
- Use a variety of techniques including thank you calls, written notes, emails and face-to-face visits to continually nurture and steward the Seminary’s annual fund donors.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, and to travel monthly within assigned region (approximately 25-35% of the time).
- Working knowledge of the Presbyterian Church tradition and its constituents helpful.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Bachelor’s degree required with 3-5 years fund raising experience.
- Demonstrated success increasing financial resources and creating new partners.
- Effective communications – excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to make sound judgments based on accurate data.
- Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders and the ability to interact multiple constituencies.
For a complete job description, click here.
To apply for this position, please include a cover letter answering the following questions:
- Why you want to work at Austin Seminary?
- What are your salary requirements?
- And submit along with your online application, which can be found here.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Austin Seminary is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and racial-ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.