Expectations of Austin Seminary Association Board Members
(adopted 1-31-2011 and revised 9-19-2011)
- Attendance at the two board meetings, one in September and the other in January or February in conjunction with Midwinter Lectures.
- Give to the Annual Fund and participate in fund-raising efforts.
- Attendance at the ASA Banquet which concludes Midwinter Lectures, assuming duties of hosts.
- Active participation in the selection process of the recipients of the Distinguished Service Awards.
- Initiate and maintain personal contact with alumni in member’s region.
- Serve as the liaison for alumni in the member’s geographic region, further developing that function to address needs as defined by the constituency and the Board.
- Serve as a regional resource of APTS news and information, particularly regarding events within the member’s region.
- Serve as an encourager and facilitator of the recruiting of prospective APTS students.
- Assist in identifying likely candidates from member’s region to become future ASA Board Members.
- Active participation on one of the working committees.
- Absence from more than two consecutive board meetings is cause for consideration of that member’s removal from the ASA Board.