Home /
Stitt Library / Austin Seminary Archives / Our archival collections / Women of the Church (PCUS) collection, 1902-1972
page tools :
email page print page small type large type

WOMEN OF THE CHURCH (PCUS) COLLECTION, 1902-1972


Descriptive Summary

Title: Women of the Church (PCUS) collection
Dates: 1902-1972
Accession Number(s): 1993-013; 1996-055
Extent: 13 feet, 5 inches
Language: Materials are written in English.
Repository: Austin Seminary Archives at the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary


Biographical Note: The Women of the Church of the Presbyterian Church in the United States (PCUS) was a group within the church, led by women, which performed its work at the level of the General Assembly, the Synod, the Presbytery, the District, and the local congregation. At each level a leadership was elected and reported periodically up to the next level of the organization.

The Women of the Church (PCUS) in the Synod of Texas was established as the Texas Synodical Union on October 21, 1904 with Mrs. J. C. Terrell serving as the first Chairman. The group was known by several different names throughout its history, including: the Synodical Auxiliary of the Synod of Texas, the Woman’s Auxiliary of the Synod of Texas, the Woman’s Synodical of Texas, the Woman’s Synodical Auxiliary of Texas, the Women of the Church of the Synod of Texas, the Texas Synod Women’s Council, and the Texas Synodical Association. At the congregational level, the women’s groups were often known as the Women’s Auxiliary or the Women of the Church. The headquarters office, connecting the Women of the Church organization to the General Assembly, was known as the Board of Women’s Work.

The congregational women’s groups would meet monthly, breaking into “circles” if the group was large enough. The work of circles would vary by congregation, but would often include service to the church, the development of the personal spiritual life of members, group bible study lessons, the collection of money for congregational and charitable needs, making and sending “White Cross” supplies to World Missions medical centers, and general fellowship. Leadership of the congregational groups would attend annual meetings at the Presbyterial, Synodical, and General Assembly level.

A major fund-raising event for all the Women of the Church groups was the Annual Birthday Meeting, an observation of the “birthday” of the Women of the Church which was observed with a special program and offering. These funds were forwarded up to the Board of Women’s Work and often used to support Home or Foreign Mission work.

The Texas Synodical Association was dissolved on January 1, 1973 and incorporated into the regional Synodical of Red River. In 1988, after the reunion of the PCUS and UPCUSA churches, the women’s groups of both organizations were merged into the Presbyterian Women of the PC(USA). A history of women’s groups in the Presbyterian Church can be found on their website: http://www.pcusa.org/pw/about/history.htm.

Scope and Contents: The Women of the Church Collection is an artificial collection that brings together the minutes, reports, histories, annual meeting programs, scrapbooks, printed material, and administrative files of the women’s groups of the Presbyterian Church in the United States (PCUS), primarily in Texas. Materials are organized alphabetically at the Synodical, Presbyterial, and congregational level. A small amount of material on Synods in Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma, as well as a collection of publications from the Board of Women’s Work at the General Assembly is also included at the end of the inventory.

The bulk of the material consists of annual Synodical, Presbyterial and Congregational histories prepared by the historians at each level of the organization, forwarded up to the next level, and compiled annually as part of the History of Churches and Woman’s Work in the Presbyterian Church in the United States, a project which began in 1930. The historians also prepared overarching histories of their churches and groups to accompany the annual reports. These histories often include photographs, programs, and other scrapbook material. Please note that the dates listed for histories are the date of creation, not necessarily the historical dates covered in the narrative.

Material documenting annual meetings at the Synod and Presbytery level includes published minutes, reports, and directories; annual meeting programs; administrative files; and scrapbooks.

Because Presbyteries merged and dissolved over time, records pertaining to an individual congregation may be found under more than one Presbytery. For a detailed listing of material related to individual congregations, see the Index to Congregational History Materials.

Restrictions: Materials are available by appointment only. Contact the archivist for details.

Index Terms:
Presbyterian Church in the U.S.--Board of Women’s Work.
Presbyterian Church in the U.S.--Synod of Texas.
Women of the Church (Presbyterian Church in the U.S.)

Other Finding Aids: This finding aid is also available in PDF format, which may be more suitable for printing. Click here to download the PDF version.

Related Collections: Stitt Library Microfilm (M383), Minutes of the annual sessions of the women of the church April 1935-October 1957.

Preferred Citation: Women of the Church (PCUS) collection, 1902-1972, Austin Seminary Archives, Stitt Library, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary


Inventory:

Box Number:
 
Contents: 
C128 Texas:
  Synod of Texas:
  Minutes, reports, and directories, 1914-1963, 1969
  Annual meeting programs, 1933, 1937, 1944-1960
   
C155 Synodical Secretary of Texas, notebook containing minutes of executive board meetings, accounts, and other notes, ca. 1931- 1940
  Histories:
     Correspondence and notes, 1953-1956 and undated
     “History of the Woman’s Auxiliary of the Synod of Texas: 1904-1940,” compiled by (Mrs. W. W.) Mayme G. Long, includes later additions to the year-by-year section and other reports, ca. 1940-1960
     Historical reports submitted to Montreat, 1955
   
C161a Scrapbooks:
     “Texas Synodical History Picture Book”
     “Women of the Church, Synod of Texas,” 1954
     “Presidents of the Women of the Church of the Synod of Texas”
   
C161b    “Our Book: Texas Synodical History”
   
C164a    Scrapbook – Synod of Texas, 1950s
   
C129 Presbytery of Brazos:
  Constitution and bylaws, 1938 and undated
  Minutes, reports and directories, 1929-1965
  Histories:
     Historical reports sent to the Synodical of Texas, 1953-1960
     Churches [includes overall church histories and reports on women’s auxiliary work sent to the Presbyterial]:
        Aldine Presbyterian Church, 1949-1951
        Alvin Presbyterian Church, 1940-1942, 1947- 1950
        First Presbyterian Church of Angleton, 1933-1951 and undated
        Bay City Presbyterian Church, 1936-1951
        Robbins Memorial Presbyterian Church (Beaumont), 1936, 1940-1949
   
C132       Westminster Presbyterian Church (Beaumont), 1921-1951
        Bellaire Presbyterian Church, 1941-1951
        Benchley, June 1948
        Blessing Presbyterian Church, 1936-1941 and undated
        First Presbyterian Church of Brazoria, 1945
        First Presbyterian Church of Brenham, 1922- 1927, 1939-1940
        Caldwell Presbyterian Church, 1949
        A&M College Presbyterian Church (College Station), 1931, 1941-1951
        First Presbyterian Church of Conroe, 1941, 1946-1950
        First Presbyterian Church of Eagle Lake, 1909-1951
        Bethel Presbyterian Church (East Columbia), 1940-1941
        First Presbyterian Church of El Campo, 1946-1949
        First Presbyterian Church of Freeport, 1933, 1945-1951
        First Presbyterian Church of Galveston, 1934-1935 and undated
        Gulf Prairie Presbyterian Church, 1946-1949
        First Presbyterian Church of Hempstead, 1935 and undated
        Central Park Presbyterian Church (Houston), 1937, 1941-1949
        Denver Presbyterian Church (Houston), 1934, 1948-1951
        North Side Presbyterian Church (Houston), 1946-1949
        Pine Crest Presbyterian Church [aka Gregg Street Presbyterian Church] (Houston), 1950-1951 and undated
        Ralston Memorial Presbyterian Church (Houston), 1946-1951
        Third Presbyterian Church [aka Lubbock Street Presbyterian Church] (Houston), 1935, 1941-1951
        Trinity Presbyterian Church (Houston), 1949-1951
        La Marque Presbyterian Church, 1950-1951
        Indian Village Presbyterian Church (Livingston), 1939-1942, 1946-1951
        First Presbyterian Church of Lufkin, 1927, 1946-1948
        First Presbyterian Church of Nacogdoches, 1935
        First Presbyterian Church of Navasota [1 of 2], 1935-1936, 1941-1951
   
C133       First Presbyterian Church of Navasota [2 of 2], 1935-1936, 1941-1951
        Thompson Memorial Presbyterian Church (New Willard), 1937
        Oakwood Presbyterian Church, undated
        Drake Memorial Presbyterian Church (Orange), 1949-1951
        First Presbyterian (Lutcher Memorial) Church (Orange), 1945-1949
        First Presbyterian Church of Palacios, 1936- 1937, 1940-1950
        First Presbyterian Church of Palestine, 1936- 1943-1951
        First Presbyterian Church of Pasadena, 1941-1950
        Pierce Presbyterian Church, 1941-1947
        Westminster Presbyterian Church (Port Arthur), 1942-1951
        First Presbyterian Church of Rusk, 1925, 1939-1942, 1947-1949
        Memorial Presbyterian Church (San Augustine), 1936-1949
        First Presbyterian Church of Sugar Land, 1947-1951
   
C134       First Presbyterian Church of Texas City, 1940-1951
        First Presbyterian Church of Trinity, 1934- 1936
        Waverley Presbyterian Church, 1904
        Wharton Presbyterian Church, 1941-1950 and undated
   
C134 Presbytery of Brownwood:
  Minutes, reports and directories, 1926-1945
   
C164a  Scrapbook
   
C134 Presbytery of Central Texas:
  Minutes, reports and directories, 1922-1971
  Annual meeting programs, 1905-1957
  Financial records and lists of officers, 1928-1934, 1944-1947
   
C135 Histories:
     History of the Women’s Auxiliary of the Presbytery of Central Texas, prepared by Mrs. George Begg, ca. 1927
     The History of Central Texas Presbyterial from 1905-1958, [includes some reports to the Synodical of Texas], ca. 1958
     Historical reports sent to the Synodical of Texas, 1954-1958
     Churches [includes overall church histories and reports on women’s auxiliary work sent to the Presbyterial]:
        “Church Histories, Central Texas Presbytery,” [see index], undated
   
C136       El Buen Pastor Presbyterian Church (Austin), 1955
        First Southern Presbyterian Church (Austin), 1931-1957 and undated
        Hyde Park Presbyterian Church (Austin), 1925-1927, 1935-1957 and undated
        University Presbyterian Church (Austin) [aka Highland Presbyterian Church], 1927, 1935-1957
        Wager Memorial Presbyterian Church (Austin), 1937-1951
        Westlake Hills Presbyterian Church (Austin) [formerly Eanes Chapel], 1954- 1955
        Westminster Presbyterian Church (Austin), 1947-1957
        Wilshire Presbyterian Church (Austin), 1950-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Bartlett, 1930, 1939-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Belton, 1936- 1957 and undated
        Burnet Presbyterian Church, 1928-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Cameron, 1936-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Clifton, 1936- 1957 and undated
        First Presbyterian Church of Corsicana, 1934-1949 and undated
        Westminster Presbyterian Church (Corsicana), 1949-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Elgin, 1947- 1957
        Patterson Memorial Presbyterian Church (Eureka), 1940-1957
        Fairfield Presbyterian Church, 1936-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Gatesville, 1935-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Georgetown [aka First Southern Presbyterian Church of Georgetown (?)], 1935-1957
   
C137       Hamilton Presbyterian Church, 1935, 1942- 1957 and undated
        Hico Presbyterian Church, undated
        First Presbyterian Church of Killeen, 1951- 1957
        Leander Presbyterian Church, 1937-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Llano, 1933- 1942, 1949-1957 and undated
        First Presbyterian Church of Lott, 1936-1956
        First Presbyterian Church of Marlin, 1926- 1957 and undated
        First Presbyterian Church of Mart, 1936- 1937, 1940-1944, 1948-1956 and undated
        Maysfield Presbyterian Church, 1939-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of McGregor, undated
        First Presbyterian Church of Mexia, 1936- 1957 and undated
        First Presbyterian Church of Rockdale, 1953-1957
        Rosebud Presbyterian Church, 1927, 1939- 1950
        First Presbyterian Church of Streetman, 1939-1940, 1947-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Taylor, 1935- 1957 and undated
        First Presbyterian Church of Temple, 1931- 1957 and undated
        Unidentified photographic negatives, developed in Waco, undated
        First Presbyterian Church of Waco, 1932- 1957 and undated
        Robinson Presbyterian Church (Waco), 1936-1937, 1940-1956 and undated
        Trinity Presbyterian Church (Waco) [aka Second Presbyterian Church of Waco], undated
        Westminster Presbyterian Church (Waco), 1952-1957
   
C164b Scrapbook – “Central Texas Presbytery,” 1949-1954
   
C137 Dallas Presbytery:
  Minutes and reports, 1918-1939
   
C138 Minutes and reports, 1940-1957
  Correspondence and annual meeting programs, 1941-1942
  Histories:
     “Golden Echoes from Dallas Presbyterial,” [scrapbook, consists primarily of newspaper clippings], 1925-1945
     “History of the Woman’s Auxiliary, Dallas Presbytery, 1902-1949” [written history and scrapbook including photographs, meeting programs, newspaper clippings, and printed material, includes information on the Ceta Canyon Conference], 1902-1929 section compiled by Lady Kate Medders, 1939-1943 section compiled by Mrs. Cooper E. Wyatt, includes additional interfiled material, 1929-1949 and undated
   
C139    Historical reports sent to the Synodical of Texas and related material [includes “Calendar of Work” forms from individual churches], 1945- 1946, 1956 and undated
     “History, Women of the Church, Presbytery of Dallas: 1949-1957,” prepared by Mrs. Norman G. Hardy and others [written history and scrapbook including photographs, meeting programs, newspaper clippings, and printed material; includes reports from individual churches], 1949-1957
     Churches:
        Ellwood Park Presbyterian Church (Amarillo), 1938-1939, 1943-1944
        First Presbyterian Church of Bowie, 1937- 1938
        First Presbyterian Church of Clarendon, 1935-1936
        Colonial Presbyterian Church (Dallas) [aka West Shore Presbyterian Church], 1942
        Highland Park Presbyterian Church (Dallas), 1936-1939
        Oak Cliff Presbyterian Church (Dallas), 1936
        Sunset Presbyterian Church (Dallas), 1935- 1936
        Westminster Presbyterian Church (Dallas), 1941
        First Presbyterian Church of Denton, 1934- 1942
        First Presbyterian Church of Ennis, 1927- 1937
        Southern Presbyterian Church (Gainesville), 1937-1939
        First Presbyterian Church of Happy, 1934- 1935
        First Presbyterian Church of Irving, 1936- 1940
        Lancaster Presbyterian Church, 1936-1939
        First Presbyterian Church of McKinney, 1936-1940
        First Presbyterian Church of Milford, 1936- 1938, 1943-1944
        First Presbyterian Church of Sherman, circa 1926, 1936-1939
        Grand Avenue Presbyterian Church (Sherman), 1938
        Federated Presbyterian Church of Vernon, 1939-1940
        First Presbyterian Church of Waxahachie, 1936-1941
        First Southern Presbyterian Church (Wichita Falls), 1944
   
C139 Eastern Texas Presbytery:
  Minutes and reports, 1929-1935
   
C139 El Paso Presbytery [continued as Presbytery of the Southwest in 1957]:
  Minutes, reports and directories, 1933-1945
   
C140 Minutes, reports and directories, 1946-1956
  Histories:
     Historical reports sent to the Synodical of Texas, 1954-1956
     “Scrapbook for El Paso Presbytery, 1905-1956” 1955-1956
     Churches [Note: El Paso Presbytery became the Presbytery of the Southwest in 1957, there are church histories for both presbyteries in this section]:
        Andrews Presbyterian Church, 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Big Spring, 1956-1957
        St. Paul Presbyterian Church (Big Spring), 1956-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Clovis, New Mexico, 1956-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Coahoma, 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Colorado City, 1956-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Crane, 1957
        Faith Presbyterian Church (El Paso), 1957
        Manhattan Presbyterian Church (El Paso), 1955-1957
        Trinity Presbyterian Church (El Paso), 1957
        Fort Stockton Presbyterian Church, 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Lovington, New Mexico, 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Lubbock, 1955- 1957
        John Knox Presbyterian Church (Lubbock), 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Midland, 1955- 1957
        St. Andrews Presbyterian Church (Midland), 1957-1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Odessa, 1955- 1957
        Normandy Heights Presbyterian Church (Odessa), 1956-1957
        St. Paul Presbyterian Church (Odessa), 1956-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Pecos, 1957
        Tahoka Presbyterian Church, undated
        First Presbyterian Church of Van Horn, 1957
   
C140 Presbytery of Fort Worth:
  Minutes and reports, 1923-1945
  Annual meeting programs, 1902-1907, 1930
   
C161a Scrapbook
   
C141 Presbytery of John Knox:
  Minutes, reports, directories and constitution, 1957-1964
  Presidential records:
     1. Board of Women’s Work, 1967-1969
     2. Synod of Texas, 1966-1968
     3. Presbytery of John Knox, 1968-1969
     4. Vice-President, 1968-1969
     5. Secretary-Treasurer, 1967-1969
     6. Historian, 1967-1968
     7. District I, 1966-1968
     8. District II, 1967-1969
     9. District III, 1967-1968
     10. District IV, 1967-1969
     11. District V, 1967-1969
     12. District VI, 1967-1969
     13. Personal Faith & Family Life, 1967-1969
     14. Christian Community Action, 1967-1969
     15. Ecumenical Mission – White Cross, 1967-1969
     16. Leadership & Resources, 1967-1969
     17. Council – John Knox, 1967-1969
     18. Council – Synod, 1967-1969
     19. Newsletter, 1967-1969
     20. Extra Newsletters [folder discarded]
     21. Annual Report, 1967-1969
     [No number], Council – Annual reports, 1969
     22. Constitution, 1967
     23. Brazos Presbytery, 1968
     24. Central, 1967-1968
     25. North East [empty folder]
     26. South Texas, 1967-1969
     27. South West, 1968
     28. Literature, 1968
   
C142    29. Presbyterian Women (newsletter), January- November 1969
     30. Mission ranch [empty folder]
     31. World Missions, 1967-1968
     32. Church Women United, 1968
     33. Training Schools [empty folder]
     34. Budget, 1968
     35. Vouchers [empty folder]
     36. Annual – 1968 [also includes material on the 1969 meeting, see also file 38. Mo-Ranch], 1967-1969
     37. Montreat, 1966-1968
     38. Mo-Ranch [1969 Annual meeting], 1968-1969
     39. Synod Women’s Council Reports [empty folder]
     Annual report, 1966
     Annual report, 1967
     Newsletters, [includes Women’s Council Letters], 1966
     Newsletters, [includes Women’s Council Letters], 1967
     Synod Women’s Council (Lasater), 1966-1968
     Bass vouchers [Robert W. Bass, associate secretary for the Presbytery of John Knox], 1965-1967
     Vice-president, Leadership & Resources, 1965-1967
     Secretary, 1965-1967
     Historian, Christian Community Action, 1965-1967
     Financial, 1966
     Budget, 1965-1967
     District Chairmen, 1961-1962, 1965-1967 and undated
     District I, 1966-1967 and undated
     District II, 1965-1967 and undated
     District III, 1966-1967 and undated
     District IV, 1966-1967 and undated
     District V, 1966-1967 and undated
     District VI, 1966-1967
   
C143    Training Schools, 1966
     Brazos, 1965-1967
     Central, 1966-1967
     Northeast, 1966-1967
     South, 1965-1967
     Southwest, 1965-1967
     United Church Women, 1965-1966
     Board of Women’s Work, 1965-1967
     Whitecross (Ecumenical mission and relations), 1965-1968
     Mission Ranch, Austin, 1966-1967
     Reports, 1965-1967
     Officer’s reports, 1966-1967
     Foreign students, 1965 and undated
     Franz [Mrs. W. H. Franz, chairman, Synod Women’s Council], 1965-1967
     Revisions, 1967
     Evaluations:
        District I, 1965-1968
        District II, 1965-1968
        District III, 1965-1968
        District IV, 1965-1968
        District V, 1965-1968
        District VI, 1965-1968
        Evaluation guides and Presbyterial Profile Studies (Districts 1-6), 1968-1969
     Notebook [includes sections on Christian Education, Meetings called, Financial, Women of the Church reports, Executive council, Witness season, and Workshops], 1966-1968
   
C145    Un-filed material, [printed material, reports, correspondence], 1964-1969
   
C144    Annual Meeting Book [includes sections labeled Financial; Publicity; Hospitality; Registration; Pages & House; Fields; Program; Mo-ranch; Council; Presidents; Annual reports; and Spanish translation of 1967-1968 Circle Bible Studies], 1966-1969
   
C145 Histories:
     Historical reports sent to the Synodical of Texas, 1957-1960
   
C167a Scrapbook:
     “Women of the Church, Presbytery of John Knox,” 1954-1968
   
C167b    “Women of the Church, Presbytery of John Knox,” 1954-1968
   
C145 Presbytery of Mid-Texas:
  Minutes, reports, and directories, 1945-1971
  Annual meeting program and worship service, 1956
  Histories:
     Historical reports sent to the Synodical of Texas, 1957
     Churches:
        First Presbyterian Church of Abilene, 1938- 1941, 1949-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Anson, 1937- 1939, 1949-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Ballinger, 1953- 1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Bangs, 1953- 1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Bridgeport, 1940-1941, 1951-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Brownwood, 1948-1949, 1952-1954
        First Presbyterian Church of Cisco, 1952- 1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Cleburne, 1952-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Coleman, 1947- 1950
   
C146       First Presbyterian Church of Comanche, 1953-1956
        First Presbyterian Church of Eldorado, 1950-1955
        Files Valley Presbyterian Church, 1951-1955
        Covenant Presbyterian Church (Fort Worth), 1954-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Fort Worth, 1944-1946, 1952-1955
        Handley Presbyterian Church (Fort Worth), 1952-1955
        John Knox Presbyterian Church (Fort Worth), 1951-1954
        Mexican Presbyterian Church (Fort Worth), 1955
        Oakhurst Presbyterian Church (Fort Worth), 1945-1955
        Ridglea Presbyterian Church (Fort Worth), 1952-1955
        St. Stephen Presbyterian Church [aka Broadway Presbyterian Church] (Fort Worth), 1921-1955
   
C147       Westminster Presbyterian Church (Fort Worth), 1951-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Haskell, 1943- 1944, 1951-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Hillsboro, 1952-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Itasca, 1951- 1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Wells, 1951-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Paint Rock, 1950-1956
        First Presbyterian Church of Roscoe, 1951- 1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Rule, 1954
        First Presbyterian Church of San Angelo, 1950-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of San Saba, 1949- 1955
        New Hope Presbyterian Church (San Saba), 1950-1954
        First Presbyterian Church of Sterling City, 1951-1953
   
C148       First Presbyterian Church of Sweetwater, 1944-1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Talpa, 1950- 1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Throckmorton, 1952-1955
        Grace First Presbyterian Church of Weatherford, 1942-1946, 1950-1955
   
C148 Presbytery of Northeast Texas:
  Minutes, reports, directories and constitution, 1957-1971
   
C148 Presbytery of Paris:
  Minutes and reports, 1929-1957
  Histories:
     Historical reports sent to the Synodical of Texas, 1954-1957
   
C148 Presbytery of South Texas:
  Minutes and directories, 1957-1966
  Histories:
     Correspondence and historical report sent to the Synodical of Texas, 1958
     Churches:
        First Presbyterian Church of Alice, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Aransas Pass, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Bay City, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Beeville, 1958
        Faith Presbyterian Church (Brownsville), 1958
        Central Park Presbyterian Church (Corpus Christi), 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Corpus Christi, 1958
        Parkway Presbyterian Church (Corpus Christi), 1958
        Westminster Presbyterian Church (Corpus Christi), 1958
        Woodlawn Presbyterian Church (Corpus Christi), 1958
   
C149       First Presbyterian Church of Donna, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Edinburg, 1958
        Allen Memorial Presbyterian Church (Edna), 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of El Campo, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Elsa, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Encinal, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Falfurrias, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Harlingen, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Kingsville, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of La Feria, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Laredo, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of McAllen, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Mercedes, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Mission, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Palacios, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Port Lavaca, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Premont, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Raymondville, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Robstown, 1926-1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Rockport, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of San Benito, 1958
        Sinton Presbyterian Church, 1956-1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Taft, 1958
        Tivoli-Austwell Presbyterian Church (Tivoli), 1955-1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Victoria, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Weslaco, 1958
        Wharton Presbyterian Church, 1958
        First Presbyterian Church of Woodsboro, 1958
   
C149 Presbytery of the Southwest [See also El Paso Presbytery / Histories / Churches]:
  Minutes and directories, 1957-1965
  Histories:
     Historical reports sent to the Synodical of Texas, 1957
     Scrapbook, [includes clippings, annual reports, financial records, and printed material], 1957-1963
     Churches:
        Covenant Presbyterian Church (Amarillo), 1963
        Andrews Presbyterian Church, 1961-1963
        First Presbyterian Church of Ballinger, 1961- 1963
        First Presbyterian Church of Barstow, 1961- 1962
        First Presbyterian Church of Big Spring, 1962-1963
        First Presbyterian Church of Clovis (New Mexico), 1961-1962
        First Presbyterian Church of Colorado City, 1961-1962
        First Presbyterian Church of Crane, 1963
        First Presbyterian Church of Eldorado, 1962-1963
        Faith Presbyterian Church (El Paso), 1961- 1963
        Manhattan Presbyterian Church (El Paso), 1961-1963
        First Presbyterian Church of Fort Stockton, 1962
        First Presbyterian Church of Lovington (New Mexico), 1961-1963
   
C150       First Presbyterian Church of Lubbock, 1954- 1963
        John Knox Presbyterian Church (Lubbock), 1962-1963
        Westminster Presbyterian Church (Lubbock), 1962-1964
        Covenant Presbyterian Church (Midland), 1961-1962
        First Presbyterian Church of Midland, 1961- 1963
        St. Andrews Presbyterian Church (Midland), 1962
        Westminster Presbyterian Church (Midland), 1961-1962
        First Presbyterian Church of Odessa, 1962- 1963
        Saint Paul Presbyterian Church (Odessa), 1962-1963
        First Presbyterian Church of Paint Rock, 1962
        First Presbyterian Church of Portales (New Mexico), 1962
        First Presbyterian Church of San Angelo, 1963
        St. Mark Presbyterian Church (San Angelo), 1961-1962
        First Presbyterian Church of Sanderson, 1961-1963
        First Presbyterian Church of Seagraves, 1961-1962
        First Presbyterian Church of Sterling City, 1962-1963
        First Presbyterian Church of Talpa, 1962/td>
   
C150 Presbytery of Western Texas:
  Minutes and reports, 1923-1957
  Histories:
     “Historical Sketch of the Presbyterial Auxiliary of Western Texas Presbytery from June 1902 to April 1928,” 1928
     Annual Meeting Scrapbook [includes meeting programs, clippings, and reports], 1905-1952, 1956
     Scrapbook material [includes clippings, correspondence, histories, etc. documenting home mission work, the Presbytery of Western Texas, the Texas-Mexican Presbytery, and the Synodical], 1921-1929, 1951
   
C151    Historical reports sent to the Synodical of Texas [includes historical sketches and scrapbook material], 1947-1957
     Churches:
        First Presbyterian Church of Alice, 1954- 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Aransas Pass, 1954-1956
        First Presbyterian Church of Beeville, 1954- 1957
        Faith Presbyterian Church (Brownsville), 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Brownsville, 1927-19573
   
C152       Central Park Presbyterian Church (Corpus Christi), 1955-1956
        First Presbyterian Church of Corpus Christi, 1954-1957
        Parkway Presbyterian Church (Corpus Christi), 1954-1956
        Westminster Presbyterian Church (Corpus Christi), 1946-1957
        Woodlawn Presbyterian Church (Corpus Christi), 1954-1957
        Cotulla Presbyterian Church, 1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Crystal City, 1955-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Cuero, 1949- 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Del Rio, 1955- 1956
        First Presbyterian Church of Donna, 1954- 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Edinburg, 1954-1957
   
C153       Allen Memorial Presbyterian Church (Edna), 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Elsa, 1938- 1945, 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Encinal, 1955- 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Falfurrias, 1954-1955
        Fredericksburg Presbyterian Church, 1948- 1951
        Memorial Presbyterian Church (Fredericksburg), 1954-1957
        Goliad Presbyterian Church, 1945-1947, 1954-1956
        First Presbyterian Church of Gonzales, 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Harlingen, 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Junction, 1947- 1948, 1954-1956
        First Presbyterian Church of Karnes City, 1956-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Kenedy, 1954- 1955
        First Presbyterian Church of Kerrville, 1954- 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Kingsville, 1954-1957
        Gethsemane Presbyterian Church (Kingsville), 1955
        First Presbyterian Church of La Feria, 1954- 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Laredo, 1956- 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Lockhart, 1948- 1957
        Luling Presbyterian Church, undated
        First Presbyterian Church of McAllen, 1956- 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Mercedes, 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Mission, 1954- 1957
        Community Presbyterian Church (Natalia), 1954-1956
        Community Presbyterian Church (Port Aransas), 1947
        First Presbyterian Church of Port Lavaca, 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Premont, 1953- 1956
        First Presbyterian Church of Raymondsville, 1957
   
C154       First Presbyterian Church of Rockport, 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Rocksprings, 1946-1955
        Roosevelt Presbyterian Church, 1954-1957
        Alamo Heights Presbyterian Church (San Antonio), 1947-1948, 1954-1957
        Beacon Hill Presbyterian Church (San Antonio), 1943-1956
        Boldtville Presbyterian Church (San Antonio), 1954-1957
        Central Presbyterian Church (San Antonio), 1955-1957
        Crestholme Presbyterian Church (San Antonio), 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of San Antonio, 1954-1957
        Grace Presbyterian Church (San Antonio), 1946-1948, 1954-1957
        Harlandale Presbyterian Church (San Antonio), 1953-1955
        Highland Park Presbyterian Church (San Antonio), 1923-1955
        Leon Springs Presbyterian Church (San Antonio), 1954-1956
        Northwood Presbyterian Church (San Antonio), 1954-1957
        Pilgrim Presbyterian Church (San Antonio), 1954-1957
        Westminster Presbyterian Church (San Antonio), 1955-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of San Benito, 1955-1957
   
C155       Mexican Presbyterian Church (San Benito), 1955-1957
        Sanderson Presbyterian Church, 1947-1948, 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Seguin, 1955- 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Sinton, 1954
        First Presbyterian Church of Taft, 1950-1957
        Tivoli-Austwell Presbyterian Church (Tivoli), 1946-1948, 1955-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Uvalde, 1956- 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Victoria, 1943- 1950, 1954-1957
        Grace Presbyterian Church (Victoria), 1956
        Second Presbyterian Church (Victoria), 1956
        First Presbyterian Church of Weslaco, 1921- 1950, 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Woodsboro, 1954-1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Yoakum, 1954- 1957
        First Presbyterian Church of Yorktown, 1947-1950, 1954-1957
   
C127 Non-Texas:
  General Assembly:
  Annual reports on women’s work, 1917, 1924-1930, 1939, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1948-1951, 1953, 1958, 1959
   
C156 Publications produced by the Board of Women’s Work [includes guidebooks, workbooks, program guides, handbooks, and study guides], 1930-1969
   
C130 Publications produced by other entities, and used in women’s work, [mostly bible studies, books for training Sunday school teachers, and leadership education materials], 1904-1958 and undated
   
C127 Synod of Arkansas:
  Minutes of the annual meeting, 1924, 1928, 1932, 1935
  Presbytery of Washburn:
     Minutes, reports and directories, 1922, 1928, 1934-1937, 1970
  Synod of Arkansas-Oklahoma:
  Directory and Minutes, 1972
  Synod of Louisiana:
  Directory, 1960, 1965-1972


© 2018 Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary
100 E. 27th Street Austin, Texas 78705
P: 512-404-4800
powered by finalsite