Director of Physical Plant
Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary has an opportunity for a hard-working, organized, dedicated and forward-thinking Director of Physical Plant to apply his/her expertise to making a difference in the lives of persons preparing for the Christian ministry. The person in this position will be responsible for the planning, coordinating, and directing of all daily activities required to maintain operation of the institution relating to student housing, campus buildings and grounds management. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ progressively responsible experience in facilities management, building trades, or construction, including at least five years of relevant supervisory or management responsibility, and a desire to work with a great team in a challenging yet supportive environment.
We need someone with:
• The ability to hit the ground running supervising maintenance work; planning projects and programs; prioritizing and assigning work activities to subordinates; monitoring work flow; reviewing and evaluating work quality, methods and productivity.
• The exceptional ability to work patiently with people at all levels of the Seminary organization.
• The ability to communicate with others on projects impacting various departments.
• The ability to prepare budgets for both operating and capital needs; forecasting funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; administering approved budget.
• Desire to support a faith organization whose mission is to prepare leaders for Christian ministry.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• 10+ years’ progressively responsible experience in facilities management, building trades, or construction.
• 5+ years’ relevant supervisory or management responsibility.
• A high school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with related course work preferred.
You’ll get from us:
• Salary plus generous health, retirement and time off benefits.
• Free parking.
For a complete job description, visit here.
To apply for this position, please include a cover letter answering the following questions:
1. Why you want to work at Austin Seminary?
2. What are your salary requirements?
and submit along with your online application, which can be found here.
Review of applications will be begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Austin Seminary is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and racial-ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.