Pastors Selected for Fellowships in Pastoral Leadership for Public Life at Austin Seminary
AUSTIN, Texas (August 15, 2017)— Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary is pleased to announce the selection of twelve area pastors for the 2017 Fellowships in Pastoral Leadership for Public Life. These twelve pastors, selected from diverse traditions and perspectives, will be invited in their time as Fellows to the intersection of the Good News and the Common Good, stretching their vision, their capacities, and their confidence as public leaders.
The 2017 class of Fellows represent the third cohort of pastors to participate in Austin Seminary’s Fellowships in Pastoral Leadership for Public Life. The Fellowship is grounded in Austin Seminary’s belief, rooted in the Reformed tradition, that pastors have something to bring to the public conversation, and that becoming part of the public conversation is in fact part of expert pastoral leadership. The Fellowships in Pastoral Leadership for Public Life provide practitioners with opportunities to broaden their vision of the world, to increase their competence in theological reflection and as contributors to the common good, and to gain in their confidence as meaning-makers for the complexities of the life shared among all people and creation.
Over the course of eighteen months, Fellows will become part of an ecumenical learning community of peer pastors from the Austin, San Antonio, and Waco areas; learn from effective, well-respected public leaders from a variety of fields; develop skills for theological reflection with guidance from Austin Seminary faculty; be eligible for funds to meet individually with public leaders, to shadow peers, and to experiment with an action project; and receive a stipend.
The Fellows selected to participate in the program are
- Tim Bauerkemper, Pastor
- First Lutheran Church, San Marcos
- Sharolyn Browning, Pastor
- Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Austin
- Vincent Carpenter, Administrative and Teaching Pastor
- Antioch Community Church, Waco
- Carolyn Albert Donovan, Pastor
- Peace Lutheran Church, Austin
- Amelia Fulbright, Founding Minister/Executive Director
- Labyrinth Progressive Student Ministry, Austin
- Daryl Horton, Assistant Pastor/Youth Pastor
- Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church, Austin
- Ella Leal Luna, Pastor
- Emmanuel United Methodist Church, Austin
- Lisa Mason, Rector
- St. David’s Episcopal Church and School, San Antonio
- Josh Robinson, Senior Pastor
- Hope Presbyterian Church, Austin
- Jonathan Snape, Associate Pastor/Pastor of Congregational Vitality and Development
- Leander United Methodist Church, Leander
- Kimberly D. Smith-Stanley, Associate Pastor
- Central Presbyterian Church, Austin
- Laura Beth Walters, Pastor
- Presbyterian Church of Lake Travis, Bee Cave
ABOUT AUSTIN SEMINARY:
Founded in 1902, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary is an institution of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) whose mission is to educate and equip individuals for the ordained Christian ministry and other forms of Christian service and leadership. For more information and ways to support Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, visit www.austinseminary.edu.