Because of you...
For the glory of God and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary is a seminary in the Presbyterian-Reformed tradition whose mission is to educate and equip individuals for the ordained Christian ministry and other forms of Christian service and leadership; to employ its resources in the service of the church; to promote and engage in critical theological thought and research; and to be a winsome and exemplary community of God's people. – Mission Statement
Austin Seminary’s mission is dependent upon the generosity and support from individuals, churches, and foundations. Financial gifts made to the Seminary support students fulfilling their call to Christian service and leadership by providing scholarships, housing, classroom technology, library materials and much more. With less than three weeks remaining in the fiscal year, the Seminary is very close to meeting its goal for unrestricted gifts to the Annual Fund.
Because of the support of donors, the Seminary has been able to provide students the following during this past academic year:
- $1,163,519 in scholarship aid to help reduce the amount of debt students incur;
- 9,920 hours in Supervised Practice of Ministry settings, giving students practical experience in the day-to-day life of ministry;
- 4,240 new books for the Stitt Library;
- 1,120 hours of spiritual direction to help students develop a heart for ministry;
- 108 worship services in Shelton Chapel to hone student’s skills in leading worship;
- 60% subsidies to students for on-campus housing;
- 27 public lectures and worships, including a lecture from Allan Boesak;
- 26 new wireless access points on campus to help keep pace with the ever-connected world;
- and 2 new classrooms equipped with the latest audio-visual recording capabilities.
Please consider making a gift to support our mission and to help equip future leaders for the church!